Calling all college students. This is your time to shine! How can financial literacy help the Philippines rise to a brighter future? Share your thoughts and get a chance to win in SINAG: Sun Life’s Financial Literacy Journalism Awards.
- To raise awareness among Filipino students on the importance of financial literacy, and its role in breaking the cycle of ignorance, worry, debt and financial dependency
- To mold future journalists into becoming catalysts of change that can bring about a future-ready Philippines
- To empower students to propagate Sun Life’s financial literacy advocacy
- The contest is open to Filipino college students enrolled in any college or university in Metro Manila and the Greater Luzon
- To qualify, a nominee must submit an essay on the theme “The Importance of Financial Literacy in Helping the Philippines Rise to a Brighter Future.” Articles should be original, may be in English or Filipino, and under 1,000 words.
- Each student may submit only one entry.
- The entry pack must consist of the following:
- Accomplished Sun Life entry form (Click to download)
- An MS Word file of the essay
- A scanned copy of school ID
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on 06 November 2016.
- All entries submitted will be reviewed and screened by a panel of judges from Sun Life. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the theme of financial literacy – 50%
- Overall impact (must be accurate; informative, educational and compelling) – 50%
- There will be three winners who will receive the following prizes:
- P10,000 in cash
- P5,000 worth of Sun Life Prosperity Fund starter fund
Winners will be recognized in Sinag: Sun Life’s Financial Literacy Journalism Awards which will be held in December at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. The winning entries may also be published in a leading broadsheet.
For questions or inquiries, you may email Lalie Novero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sun Life looks forward to receiving your entry!