The journey towards a brighter financial life takes work, careful planning, and education.
Here at brighterlife.com.ph, we aim to provide you with an accessible portal of information that will not just guide you towards responsible money management, but will also inspire you to move towards the life you desire for yourself.
And so the Brighter Life team pooled together some personal finance blogs that offer worthwhile reads. We’re fans of these blogs, and we trust you will be too. Happy reading!
1. Ready to Be Rich by Fitz Villafuerte. Fitz Villafuerte’s dream about having more time for himself and the things he loves seemed pretty impossible when he was still a “corporate slave,” and this pushed him to pursue the idea of earning a passive income. Now a man of many hats (a businessman, an investor, and a freelance writer among others), Fitz proves that achieving financial freedom is truly possible.
Why we like this blog: Fitz’s blog is easy to read and easy to understand – an encouraging factor for those who think financial talk can be quite complicated.
2. No Nonsense Personal Finance by Randell Tiongson. A registered Financial Planner by profession and a regular contributor to the biggest broadsheets in the country, Randell Tiongson covers a wide array of personal finance topics such as mutual funds, stock market, and life insurance in his blog.
Why we like this blog: Randell’s wisdom – gained from 25 years of experience in the industry – shines through in the entire blog. It is no surprise that his site is actually used by many Filipino companies as a reference for research.
3. Stocks Smart by Marvin Germo. Registered Financial Planner Marvin Germo dedicates his time to educating Filipino urban professionals about the stock market and passionately advocates investing in one’s self and in the country. The former engineer has readers hooked with his sound pieces of advice and dependable insight.
Why we like this blog: Marvin makes the stock market sound like an understandable subject. We also love how he strongly supports the idea of investing in the country.
4. Frugal Honey by Jill Sabitsana. Lawyer Jill Sabitsana has been blogging about beauty and motherhood for seven years now but she recently pursued the subject of personal finance. In Frugal Honey, she chronicles her day-to-day money concerns, such as saving for an emergency fund and their family’s daily expenses.
Why we like this blog: Jill’s writing is very candid and personal – a breath of fresh air from other personal finance blogs that tend to be quite preachy. Her blog is all about taking baby steps to managing her personal finances and that’s something that many of us can definitely relate to.
5. Call Me Kristine by Kristine Licuanan. Kristine Licuanan’s blog offers a mix of female interest topics – such as trips to the spa and travel adventures – and informative posts on the nitty gritty of opening stock accounts and mutual funds. An invigorating daily read, it’s no surprise that visiting her blog has become a habit for many readers.
Why we like this blog: Her whimsical writing is definitely Brighter Life-approved. Posts that make people happy – and shares useful knowledge while at it – are just what the internet needs.